Internet Marketing Tips: A lead capture system enables conversion of the Potentially Interested visitors to Informed Prospects through the Sales Funnel.
Setting up a lead capture system for the Sales Funnel is a lot like putting together a puzzle. You have to deliver a product to a prospect, after they have opted-in to one of your email marketing lists.
#137. Internet Marketing Tips; 4 Steps to setting up a lead capture system.
1. Convert document to pdf & get URL
First you need to have a digital product. If it is in written form you need to convert it to a pdf. The easiest place to do that is at docs.google.com:
- Either choose some of your content, or upload a free product to share.
- Open up the file and click on the Share button in the upper right hand corner.
- Across from the statement Private – Only the people listed below can access click on Change.
- In the next screen, click on Anyone with a Link, then Save.
- Copy the url address so that you can share your content with the world.
2. Install URL at the Thank You Page
Go to mailchimp.com, or any other contact management system and set up a list:
- Set up your Sign Up form, then install it at your website.
- Now go back to your Form and click on the arrow to open up the drop-down under Forms and Responses. Click on “Sign Up Thank You Page”.
- In the box under Instead of showing this thank you page, send subscribers to another URL, insert the url of your pdf that you just set up at docs.google.com.
3. Add a new page at website.
You are not done until you create the link to the Sign-up page at your website.
- Go to your website and open up a new page.
- Type in a title for that page, then type in a brief description of the product.
4. Add a link to your Sign-up page
Go back to mailchimp.com and click on Lists, then Forms.
- When the Sign-up form opens up, click on the tab at the top-Share It.
- Highlight the URL code (on the left) and Copy
- Go back to your website, to the page you just created
- Click on the HTML tab in the upper right hand corner, then paste your copied code below your description.
- Click on the Publish Button, then click on View Page.
That’s all there is to this simple blog and email marketing tool. It can actually be set up in just a few minutes, and if you have a really great Free product, it should generate a lot of email addresses added to your marketing lists.
Thank you for reading these Internet Marketing Tips. We look forward to your questions and comments, feel free to add your thoughts in the box below. SUBSCRIBE to this website and we’ll email you a newsletter twice a month talking about simple online techniques and the things that may be holding you back from growing your business.