Internet Marketing Tips; Branding is about consumer beliefs and perceptions, research your product and the market in which you will compete.
Branding marketing is the process of developing consumer beliefs and perceptions that are accurate and in alignment with what you want your brand to be. Early on in the process of Branding your business, research everything there is to know about your product and the market in which you will compete.
Branding 1st Step: Market Research
Internet Marketing Tip: Focus on contact signals
- Think about where are your product or service inquiries coming from (or may come from); emails, phone calls, social networking sites.
- Ask yourself which of your marketing contacts work and which don’t; email, social networking, direct marketing.
- Follow up with your prospects or clients and find out what and where they purchased your product or service
Internet Marketing Tip: Think about Why Customers Buy from You
- What does your product or service does best, and how do you do it differently than anybody else?
- Thinking about clients that buy your product or service, what do they buy the most often.
- What aspect of your business (products or services) gets the most attention from the buying public, your prospects, and/or your clients.
- Think about what services you could offer or promise that your competitors don’t
Internet Marketing Tip: Sell what people are buying
- Start with keyword research to find out what keywords your target market is using to find your product or service.
- Research what types of web pages or websites your target market is visiting.
- Determine what types of marketing materials your target market responds to.
- In your business, what products or services are selling consistently to your target market?
Internet Marketing Tip: Research your competitors, industry organizations and networks
- Visit the web pages of your competitors, check out their demographics
- Search organizations that serve your industry; statistics, geographics, demographics
- Join industry networks, groups, forums
Whether you are getting ready to start a new business, or just want to improve and update the brand of the business you are already conducting, it is always a good idea to research your market. After you have gathered all of this information, you can make informed decisions about how to move forward branding your business.