In our everyday life, we’re developing skills. During this process, we are thinking about who we want to be, and, what skills we need to be the best version of ourselves… The end goal is to use this unique skill set to be the best version of yourself.
To this end, we need to concentrate maximum energy and effort toward building these skills so they become strengths.
To determine the best version of yourself. Ask yourself these 3 questions:
- What are my greatest strengths?
- What’s activities make me happiest, leading to my best performances?
- What skills do I use that leave me feeling happy and fulfilled?
So now that you have an idea of what the best version of yourself is – here are some tips to help you initiate the process of building this best version of yourself:
- Recognize that the best version of yourself should be your vision, not anybody else’s. Don’t waste energy trying to live up to what somebody else wants you to be.
- Start from the beginning. Rome was not built in a day, and you need to give yourself time to accomplish this transformation. You need to start from the beginning and take a lot of small steps in order to become what you envision.
- Stop looking for a secret trick. There are no secret tricks, shortcuts and or magic bullets, just consistent hard work… all the time working toward your goals.
- Don’t sweat the details. You probably don’t have the knowledge you need today, but you probably have some idea about how to move in the right direction. Take those steps.
- Accept help from other people. Don’t let your pride get in the way. Most successful people needed help along the way.
- Celebrate the small wins. Appreciating what you’re doing in the present gives you the motivation to keep making strides towards your ultimate goal.
- Stop pretending to know things you don’t know. You’ll never learn anything if you pretend to already know everything.
- Embrace failure. You can’t become the best version of yourself by playing it safe. You have to be willing to take chances, and when you fail look for lessons to be learned.
Becoming the best version of yourself is about never being satisfied with what you’ve done. It’s about continually improving who you are. It’s knowing that success will come because you know who you are, what your strengths are and what you are really good at….