Internet Marketing Tip; 76% of the time, people searching for you - use Google to find you. For this reason you should focus your marketing on Google.
When Internet users want to look for a website, they are usually unwilling or unable to guess your website address (also known as URL), so they will use a Search Engine and keywords to find you.
Internet Marketing Tip; About 76% of people searching for you – Use Google.
- Nearly 93% of all web traffic comes through search engines.
- Globally, Google accounts for 76% and 86% of desktop and mobile search traffic, respectively.
- 46% of all Google searches are linked to something local.
- Google takes into account over 200 factors before delivering the best results to its users.
Google has achieved dominance in such a short period of time, and these days it is not uncommon for people to use the word Google as a verb.
- Say you want to know about medication, you Google it.
- If you want to know about a person’s work history, you Google their name.
- Single people looking for companionship will Google a potential date before committing to a date.
- Job applicants Google a potential employer and even research the staff before an interview.
Internet Marketing Tip; Online users use Google – A lot!
So if you want your business to thrive, you need to learn how to own your niche on Google. However, there is no instant switch or magic cure, getting to the #1 spot on Google takes time and diligence.
Internet Marketing Tip; Commit seriously to Google, Google will commit back
And Google has a really long memory. Unfortunately, Google doesn’t make it easy. They are well known for changing the rules on a regular basis. Essentially Google is fed up with people abusing the system, and if there is no obvious system, then it is harder to abuse the system.
As you can see, Google is special, and we need to focus on marketing techniques that work on Google, creating content that ranks high on Google. We also need to learn how to do that so that Google will not tag our content as spam.