Internet Marketing Tips: Manage your Facebook Business Page by sharing relevant and compelling posts, reaching out to your target market and engaging.
Facebook is an important marketing tool for small businesses. Here are some tips to make better use of the world’s most popular social media platform.
- As one of the most visited websites in the world, Facebook is a very important tool for small business owners who want to engage their customers and attract new ones.
- The core of proper Facebook utilization involves curating and creating content that appeals to your audience.
- Facebook offers multiple tools for promotion, and you should consider using all of them to maximize your reach.
- This article is for small business owners who are interested utilizing Facebook to grow their business.
Every small business should be on social media, especially Facebook. From its powerful advertisement options to Facebook groups, Facebook has many tools small businesses can and should use. A solid Facebook presence helps you engage potential customers and grow your business.
“Having a Facebook page helps to legitimize your business in the customer’s eye,” said Jake McKenzie, content manager for AutoAccessoriesGarage.com. “Or another way to look at it is a business without a Facebook profile may seem outdated at the best or untrustworthy at worst.”
With so many ways to promote your business on Facebook, it can be difficult to know where to start. Here are six easy steps to make Facebook work for you.
Internet Marketing TipCreate a business page.
If you want to have a solid and professional Facebook presence, you need to create a separate page for your business – your personal Facebook profile won’t cut it. A page is like a regular profile, but it’s for brands and business. Also, instead of asking to “friend” someone, users must “like” or follow a page to see its posts.
According to Hootsuite, here is how you create a Facebook business page:
- Sign up. You will need to either use your personal Facebook page, or you can create a page from scratch. Visit https://www.facebook.com/pages/create, and select the type of page you wish to create. Fill in the page name, category and description; then click Create Page.
- Add photos. It’s important to add a profile and cover photos that reflect what your business does. Given that these pictures will be providing your clients with your first impression, use high-quality images that portray your business in a positive light. Select the images and hit Save.
- Create a username. Also known as a vanity URL, your username is how your customers will find you on Facebook. Your username should be the same or as close to the name of your business as possible to avoid confusion. Once you’ve completed step two, you’ll see “create @username” under your page name. Click here to create and save your page name.
- Enter your information. When you set up your Facebook page, you’ll notice there are a lot of options to customize it. Add as much information about your business as possible, including your business name, address, contact information, website, business hours, products, etc. You will also need to create a description of what your business entails. You can add additional categories to ensure your company is included in all relevant searches on the site. As you add information, use strategic keywords throughout that indicate to both readers and to Facebook what your page is about.
- Tell your story. Although you have already entered information about your business, you will find that you can expound on the story behind your company or brand. In this section, talk about why and how your business was created, what makes your brand unique, the services and products you offer, and anything else you think will be relevant to a customer.
- Create your first post. Before you can invite people to like your page, add some content to it. Your very first post can be a simple “Welcome to our page!” Or you can post a deal or coupon, a picture, video, link, or whatever you think would be a good introduction to your brand.
- Publish and then invite followers. Once you have filled in all the details, it’s time to expand your audience! Invite people to like your page once all the information is completed.
Key takeaway: Follow the most current instructions and best practices for filling out your Facebook business page’s information completely, accurately, and in a way that’s optimized for the platform’s preferences.