Internet Marketing Tips: First determine the qualities of an ideal client and then write a clear description of this target market.
#1. Internet Marketing Tip: Determine your target market.
Here is the definition of ‘target market’ from the Entrepreneur Encyclopedia:
Try to describe target market with as much detail as you can, based on your knowledge of your product or service. Rope family and friends into visualization exercises to get different perspectives-the more, the better. For instance, ask your family and friends to describe who they think may be your ideal client.
Ask yourself the following questions to help you decide who your target market is
- Are your target customers male or female?
- How old are they?
- Where do they live? Is geography a limiting factor for any reason?
- What do they do for a living?
- How much money do they make? This is most significant if you’re selling relatively expensive or luxury items (like real estate). Most people can afford a candy bar. You can’t say the same of a house.
- What other aspects of their lives matter? If you’re launching a roof-tiling service, your target customers probably own their homes.
#2. Internet Marketing Tip: Write out a clear description of your Target Market or ideal client.
Keep it short and simple:
“My ideal client would be a small business owner, between the ages of 25-35, with some college and an established career, and the live in the Modesto, CA area.”
Thank you for reading these Internet Marketing Tips. We look forward to your questions and comments, feel free to add your thoughts in the box below. SUBSCRIBE below for the Marketing Newsletter and we’ll email you a newsletter on the first of every month talking about the latest in internet marketing techniques and the things that may be holding you back from growing your business.