Internet Marketing Tip: Encourage the number of inbound links to your site, and track that number into hundreds, even thousands of inbound links.
#74. Internet Marketing Tip; Track the number of inbound links to your site.
You should be able to see that number climb into the hundreds… even thousands of links driving traffic to your website.
Go to alexa.com, select the Site Info tab and then type in your domain. In the next screen click on the orange button Get Details. Now, in the screen that shows your results, note the number under the heading – Reputation.
The first month that you do this, make note of the number of inbound links (in this case 2), then revisit this every month to note the number of new inbound links.
#75. Internet Marketing Tip; Inbound marketing is about getting inbound links
What follows are several ways to encourage inbound links to your website:
- First and foremost, create content that people want to link to.
- Write guest blogs for top websites that will provide a link back to your website.
- Present your blog to search engine and directories
- Present your business to local marketing search engines and directories
- Set up an RSS feed for your blog. This makes it easier for others to syndicate your content and then provide attribution links back to your website.
- Comment (intelligently) at other blogs, include a link back to your blog
- Create free tools, then invite people in your industry to review the tool or share it on their websites.
- Create an infographic, share it at social networking sites, be sure to include a link back to your website.
- Ask for reviews. Start with your customers and ask them to review your business at local directories: Superpages, Yelp, MerchantCircle, YellowPages, Bing Business Portal, Yahoo Local, etc.
- Leverage your social networking posts, add links to your website articles and encourage people to share your content.
- Install sharing widgets at your website, at the bottom and/or top of each of your articles
- Write a press release, post it on your website and push it out to online press release distribution services
- Sign up at HARO (helpareporter.com) and answer questions in the hopes of getting interviewed or published
- Sponsor a webinar, or volunteer to speak at a seminar.
- Give people a sneak peak of the product and/or service you are about to provide. It’s human nature for people to share something NEW, especially if they feel that they have been part of a VIP presentation.
If internet marketing is your goal, then you need to actively encourage inbound links to your website. An important tip: Track the number of inbound links your website has, month-to-month.
Thank you for reading these Internet Marketing Tips. We look forward to your questions and comments, feel free to add your thoughts in the box below. SUBSCRIBE to this website and we’ll email you a newsletter twice a month talking about simple online techniques and the things that may be holding you back from growing your business.