Internet Marketing Tips: Improve your off-page SEO by getting inbound links from other highly ranked websites and sharing at social media sites.
Internet Marketing Tip: Improve off-page SEO by getting inbound links from highly ranked sites.
Off-page SEO, which accounts for approximately 75 of your overall search engine ranking, is based on the authority of your website. In other words, what other websites ‘say’ about yours which means that websites with better or higher authority will rank better than websites with lower authority.
Getting inbound links from other websites, especially websites with high authority is one way you can increase your off-page SEO. Simply put, an inbound link from the LA Times is more valuable than a link from an indexed blog with a small number of readers.
Okay, you say… how do we influence off-page SEO? By creating killer content… content that is so relevant and remarkable that other website owners feel impelled to share it.
Internet Marketing Tip; Write Search Engine Optimized Killer Content
Write content that is outstanding in some way; informational, creative… maybe even humorous. Find your voice, whatever that is, and write in that voice – consistently!
Top 10 Tips for Writing SEO Content
- Write a minimum of 600 words & a maximum of 900 words
- Choose a keyword to write your article about
- Add that keyword at least 2x’s per 100 words
- Use the keyword in the title
- Use the keyword in the URL
- Add an image and install keyword in Alt Tag and description
- Add a couple of h2 and h3 subtitles with keyword
- Add links to important websites that add value
- Write short sentences and paragraphs
- Leave lots of white space, so that your visitor is not overwhelmed by what you have written.
Internet Marketing Tip: Share links with your Social Networking Friends, Followers & Connections
These days, it is easy to improve your chances of getting those inbound links by sharing your content at your social networking sites, and, of course, it doesn’t hurt to optimize it for the search engines so that it can be found easily. IF, and this is a big IF, your friends, followers, and connections SHARE your content, is more likely to get inbound links.
Take advantage of the Share Buttons right on your published page and your fresh content at your favorite social networking sites. Or, set up a free account at Hootsuite.com to automate and syndicate links to your new content at all of your favorite social media sites.